My Sega Saturn Top 10 Fighting Games
I’m now on Patreon! Help support the channel.
Check out my Sega Lord X merchandise page!
If you would like to support the channel directly:
Head over to Facebook to hear me ramble about various things:
I’m now on Twitter!
Opening 3D Logo By:
YouTube Page –
Opening 2D Animation By:
1. All games on real hardware.
2. For those curious; Number 11 would be Dead or Alive. 12 would Last Bronx. 13 would be Groove on Fight.
3. Leaving off games like Samurai Shodown IV, Fighting Vipers, Ultimate MK3, and Sokko Seitokai, highlights just how freaking great this library of fighting was.
4. The Saturn’s Japanese controller is the best pad ever included by default for fighting games. The gap between it and the Dreamcast controller is epic. Only the Sega Genesis 6 button pad rivals it.
5. Some of these games ran at resolutions higher than any other system at the time was even capable of. Astra Superstars and Virtua Fighter 2 both ran at 704×480.
6. Comparing the Saturn and Dreamcast fighting libraries has been quite eye opening. To see the stronghold of 2D fighters slow and give way to more 3D oriented games was something I hadn’t really thought about before. It makes comparing the two quite difficult.
7. I really do feel the Mortal Kombat games on the Saturn could have been better. They were missing sound effects, had long load times, and just weren’t as good as they should have been. MKII in particular was poor.
8. There are reasons why Vampire Savior appears here and not on my DC list. I’ll cover them next episode.
9. Next video is Saturn vs Dreamcast!